ASSOCIATE – LEGAL – M&A PRACTICE
Experience the future of law, today.
Koimtzoglou-Bakalis-Venieris-Leventis and Associates (KBVL Law Firm, Member of Deloitte Legal Network) is currently looking for a brilliant Associate to join its dynamic M&A legal practice in Athens.
You will join a busy, growing team dealing with a diversified client portfolio and a varied caseload including mergers and acquisitions, complex commercial matters and corporate work. There will be opportunities to take on both transactional and advisory work.
YOUR ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Your role as an Associate will focus on the delivery of client engagements, exercising effective communication and relationship-building skills, as well as contributing to the priorities of the team. In this role, you will commit to personal learning and development, and explore opportunities to make an impact by delivering exceptional legal services.
During your tenure as an Associate, you will demonstrate and develop the ability to:
• provide legal solutions to highly complex commercial issues while delivering a high quality experience;
• manage projects and personally contribute to the growth of the practice;
• elaborate your knowledge of current legislation across a wide range of industries;
• use innovative tools and technology in collaboration with non-legal functions, in order to strengthen the reach of your legal advice.
Our ideal candidate is a bright and ambitious lawyer that focuses on delivering work of high quality, commits to a high level of client service, and has the ability to build strong client relationships. We expect that you have strong interpersonal and organizational skills, the ability to work effectively within a team.
In particular, to qualify for the role you must have:
• qualified as an Attorney-at-Law in Greece (Athens Bar Association or other Bar Association membership);
• at least two (2) and up to six (6) years of relevant work experience at a prominent Greek or EU law firm, law office or in-house, and heavy involvement in major projects;
• a Master of Laws (LL.M.) or equivalent postgraduate qualification from a prominent, well-acclaimed University in Greece or abroad;
• an excellent command of the English language;
• a professional approach, commercial awareness and strong communication skills;
• computer literacy.
• Experience in M&A and overall transactional work, competition law, general commercial and corporate law, as well as insolvency law, will be considered a strong asset.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
ABOUT DELOITTE LEGAL
Deloitte member firms have a long-standing reputation for helping clients to address complex, cross border issues. Skilled and experienced Deloitte Legal lawyers work together with other Deloitte professionals in tax, consulting, and financial advisory to guide you through your project in a coordinated way around the world. Deloitte Legal is able to provide holistic guidance around strategic business decisions as well as offer support services that can increase efficiency and reduce the cost of some routine legal activities.
Deloitte Legal is one of only a few truly global legal service providers. With more than 1,750 professionals in more than 75 countries, we comprise one of the top 5 business law practices in Continental Europe and have substantial operations elsewhere in the world. Deloitte Legal is focused on helping clients to take action today to achieve their business objectives tomorrow.